Looking for a SEMrush free trial? Are you debating whether or not you should try one, or can’t decide whether or not to choose SEMrush Pro or a SEMrush Guru trial? You’ve come to the right page!
SEMrush is an incredible tool, but the huge number of options available can be overwhelming, and more than a little confusing if you are new to the digital marketing platform.
Is SEMrush worth it? I think so. But without testing it out yourself, how can you ever really know?
In this guide, we are going to explain why SEMrush is such a fantastic tool for SEO and digital marketing and provide you with a step-by-step guide on how you can sign up fore free:
- How to activate a SEMrush free trial
- PRO or GURU?
- FAQs about SEMrush Trial Plans
- Why Use SEMrush?
- Get Your SEMrush Free Trial Today
We will also talk about the main features of both trial plans, so you can decide which is the better option for you.
Feel free to click on any of the links below to skip ahead to the section most relevant to you:
How to activate a SEMrush free trial
Follow these steps below to sign for a free trial with SEMrush.
1. Simply select the Pro (7-day trial) or Guru (14-day trial) buttons below to sign up for a free trial plan.
2. You’ll need to sign up with a valid email address and choose a password. Select ‘Create Your SEMrush Account’
3. Next, put in your card details to activate your trial. Remember that after the free 7-day or 14-day trial period is over, you will be automatically charged the monthly subscription free.
4. You’re ready to go!
5. The last step is to select your main areas of interest for your SEMrush account. It can be skipped, but we advise choosing your preferred option to get the most out of your free trial.
PRO or GURU?
What are the main differences between the SEMrush Pro and Guru trials, and which one should you pick?
The Pro plan is likely to better suit freelancers, marketing professionals, or those on a limited budget.
It has a cap of managing 5 projects, and you will likely have all the tools you need to manage your existing sites.
Meanwhile, the Guru plan is better suited to SMBs and agencies needing to look after more than 5 projects at any given time.
You still have all the same incredible features as the Pro plan, but you also have 45 tools in total to choose from.
The Guru plan also has extended limits and you can manage up to 15 projects at once.
SEMrush Pro Free Trial
- Perfect for freelancers, bloggers or those on a limited budget
- Can track up to 5 projects
- Monitor the daily position of up to 500 keywords
- Crawls up to 100,000 pages per month
- Up to 10,000 results per report
- Up to 10 social media accounts for posting
- 5 scheduled PDF reports
- $99.95 per month after the free trial
SEMrush Guru Free Trial
- Best for SMBS and agencies
- Receive all the Pro features with extended limits and access to more toolkits
- Can track up to 15 projects
- Up to 30,000 results per report
- Crawls up to 300,000 pages monthly
- Displays advertising research
- Monitors the daily position of up to 1,500 keywords
- 20 scheduled PDF reports
- Receive branded reports
- Access to historical data
- Can use the Content Marketing toolkit
- $199.95 monthly
FAQs about SEMrush Trial Plans
- Can I Get a Free Trial for Both a SEMrush Pro and Guru Plan?
- Do I Need to Provide Credit Card Details to Access My Free SEMrush Trial?
- Can I Cancel My SEMrush Trial Without Being Charged?
- Can I Still Use SEMrush After Cancelling a Free Trial?
Can I Get a Free Trial for Both a SEMrush Pro and Guru Plan?
It is strictly limited to one free trial per user, which is why you should carefully consider the plan that best suits your needs.
- Consider the SEMrush Pro trial plan if you are a freelancer or an in-house marketer with a smaller budget.
- Opt for the SEMrush Guru trial plan if you are an SMB or agency.
Do I Need to Provide Credit Card Details to Access My Free SEMrush Trial?
Yes, to activate your free trial plan with SEMrush, you will need to provide your credit card details when you register.
You will only be charged a monthly subscription fee if you do not cancel the trial during the trial period.
Can I Cancel My SEMrush Trial Without Being Charged?
Yes, if you want to cancel the account before it is charged, you will need to submit a cancellation request to SEMrush before the trial ends.
You have two ways of doing this:
- Submit your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log in to SEMrush, go to the ‘Subscription Info’ page on your dashboard and follow the ‘Contact Us’ link, which will take you to the cancellation submission page.
Can I Still Use SEMrush After Cancelling a Free Trial?
Yes, if you cancel your trial plan, your account will be turned into a free SEMrush account.
Keep in mind that the free SEMrush account has severe limitations on what you can access.
Why Use SEMrush?
SEMrush is a powerful all-in-one online marketing toolkit that is as popular with SEOs and digital marketing professionals, as it is with agencies, SMBs and global organizations.
It’s a SaaS product that helps SEOs, marketers and business owners successfully build and grow their online presence.
- Extensive Analysis of Competitors Keywords
- Generates Keyword Ideas Quickly
- Analyse Your Backlink Profile (and Your Competitors Too)
- Easily Optimize Your Google Ads Campaign
- Incredible Automated Site Audit Tool
The tool excels as:
- A comprehensive keyword research tool – to date, it has a whopping 20 billion keywords indexed in its keyword database
- Tracking your domain’s performance in the search results
- Conducting extensive competitor analysis
- Optimizing Google Ad campaigns.
And it’s constantly adapting and expanding its toolkits.
It’s no wonder that over 6 million people worldwide use SEMrush for their SEO and digital marketing efforts.
Extensive Analysis of Competitors Keywords
If you are an SEO consultant or a digital marketing professional, you know a thing or two about just how important competitor research is, especially when it comes to keywords. It can also be pretty time-consuming to complete without an SEO tool.
But SEMrush’s Organic Research Tool makes this easy.
By gaining a better understanding of your competitor’s keyword ranking and organic content marketing strategies, you can use this information to outperform them.
And SEMrush provides you all these details at once.
You can find the Organic Research tool tab on the left side of the toolkit under ‘Competitor Research’ :
Some of the amazing things you can do with this tool include being able to uncover the best-performing keywords for your competitors on both mobile and desktop.
In the following example, I typed amazon.com into the search box. Below are just some of the many insights I discovered – with just one click.
1. You can see which keywords are gaining the most organic search traffic, view keyword position changes, and analyse keyword trends:
2. You can also find new organic competitors:
3. See which SERP features your competitors are ranking for with particular keywords:
4. View the top-performing landing pages:
And these are only some of the features of this powerful tool!
Generates Keyword Ideas Quickly
One of the key advantages of using SEMrush is its fantastic ability to uncover new keywords to use in just a matter of seconds.
And in a number of ways too.
Using the ‘Keyword Overview’ tool under the Keyword Research tab, you can assess any given keyword for a number of variables, giving you valuable insights for your keyword strategy.
For instance, in the following example, I chose ‘shoes’ as my keyword. Instantly, I received the following data.
1. Keyword search volume (national and global), as well as keyword ranking difficulty, SERP features and keyword trends. You can also compare these against desktop and mobile:
2. You can also find a staggering number of keyword variations:
3. As well as many related keyword questions (valuable for long-tail keyword variations!)
4. And related keywords too.
Another excellent feature within the Keyword Overview tab is the Keyword Magic tool, helping you to find hundreds of long-tail and secondary keywords, all by choosing just one seed keyword.
Analyse Your Backlink Profile (and Your Competitors Too)
Having a strong backlink profile is an essential part of SEO, as it can help improve your site’s prominence in the search results, due to remaining a ranking factor for Google’s organic ranking algorithm.
Both SEMrush’s Pro and Guru plans help you easily identify and analyze backlink opportunities.
The Link Building tool helps you swiftly identify link building opportunities for your site, based on your chosen keywords and your competitors.
You can add both of these during setup (seen below):
Whilst the powerful Backlink Gap tool enables you to compare multiple competitors backlinks, checking the backlink profiles of up to five websites at once.
This handy little feature means that you can develop an effective outreach strategy through seeing the backlinks your competitors have that you do not.
Pretty great right?
You can find the Backlink Gap tool under the ‘Competitive Research’ tab:
But that is not all. SEMrush also has the Backlink Audit tool, which filters out for you any potentially toxic or harmful backlinks that are connected to your website.
These are incredibly important to identify, as toxic links can lead to a Google penalty if you’re not careful – and this can have a huge impact on your rankings.
You can find the Backlink Audit tool under the ‘Link Building’ tab:
If any harmful links are identified by the Backlink Audit tool, it enables you to add them to a disavow list, which can be then sent directly to Google in order to remove your site’s association with them.
Easily Optimize Your Google Ads Campaign
SEMrush’s PPC Keyword Tool makes Google Ads optimization a breeze, as it makes it incredibly easy for users to remain organized and on budget.
Lack of organization, and failing to keep to ad budgets are common mistakes made by PPC marketers. It’s usually due to one of the following reasons:
- Being too broad in keyword targeting efforts
- Bidding for highly competitive keywords
- Not adding negative keywords to a campaign
But the PPC Keyword Tool takes care of all this. You can:
- Speedily set up negative keywords (through the cross-group negative keyword generator)
- Organize keywords at both campaign and ad group levels
- Identify keyword search volume and Cost Per Click data down to city level
- Easily upload campaign files to Google Ads Editor
Want to try it out? You can find the PPC Keyword Tool in the Advertising toolkit, which is in the drop-down section in the left-hand corner of the dashboard:
Then under the ‘Keyword Research’ tab, select the PPC Keyword Tool to get started!
Incredible Automated Site Audit Tool
Technical SEO is just as important as on-page SEO – and the SEMrush Site Audit Tool helps you with all your off-page SEO needs.
It identifies any serious errors that could be impacting your ability to rank or any issues before they become a huge problem for your site.
The Site Audit analysis includes:
- Site performance – a major ranking factor
- Content issues that need to be addressed
- Identification of any internal link building issues
- HTTPS implementation – checking your site’s security status
- Crawlability – ensuring your most important pages are being properly indexed
The best part about it? The tool runs these audits on your behalf automatically.
You can see the site audit report on your SEMrush dashboard whenever you log in.
No need to worry about remembering to run an audit several times a year – SEMrush takes care of all that for you.
The Site Audit tool can be found under the Advertising toolkit, seen below:
Get Your SEMrush Free Trial Today
As you can see, the SEO, PPC and digital marketing opportunities with SEMrush are truly endless, and that’s why it’s the trusted online toolkit of millions of SEO and digital marketing professionals worldwide.
With powerful capabilities for both on-page and off-page SEO, as well as PPC and social media, it’s why we are excited to share our SEMrush experience with you through our free trial offers.